Thursday, October 25, 2012

Financial Independence

I read an article by Thomas J. Stanley yesterday about the income levels of Goodwill Shoppers.

I was encouraged.  For the past year I have been fairly committed to only buying clothes for the children at resale stores, with the exception of shoes since a couple of the kids tend to need new shoes every other month, I've had to buy those new.  (I'm not sure if that's a run-on sentence.  It's late...)

We have not completed our goal of paying off our consumer debt yet, but we have been making headway and we have two months still to go until January.  I'm usually encouraged by Thomas Stanley's tweets with links to articles about the behavior of the wealthy and the legacy they leave for their children.

In addition to reading Stanley's articles I also listen to Dave Ramsey.  If you have IheartRadio I highly recommend the Dave Ramsey station.  You can listen to his radio broadcasts on a loop.  It's so great!  I'm always inspired to keep on keeping on!  Love him!!!!

To be clear, it's not about wealth so much as it's about my relationship with money.  I am desperate for the stronghold of debt to be released.  I am desperate to be free to fully live for Christ.  That is true independence.




No comments: